River Woods Nature Club
2018 Winter/ Spring Session
at Prairie Flower Children’s Center 2807 Duff Ave, Ames, Iowa 50010
Fridays 9 am to 12, January 19th--May 18th
(No River Woods March 9th & 16th for spring break)
A 16-week outdoor club for 5-10 year olds led by Logan Gesell, morning preschool teacher at Prairie Flower Children’s Center!
Activities: Our main activity will be free play in the woods next to the Skunk River & in the ravines! Also, we will be learning simplicity, learning woods & garden care, hiking, foraging, wood-working, whittling, building fires, cob-building, climbing trees, hearing nature stories, building forts, and doing other outdoor projects.
- Children need to bring: canteen or water bottle with strap, appropriate clothing for all weather.
- River Woods children will be outside all day! However, in the case of inclement weather, our shelter will be Hunter cabin (across from the red cabin at Prairie Flower Children’s Center).
- Cost $15/ meeting; Payment of $240 for 16-week Winter/ Spring club due on January 19th or families may pay $60 every fourth meeting.
- Children should bring their own simple hand-held snack of trail mix & fruit.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-292-4312 to register/ enroll.
Winter/ Spring Session Dates--River Woods meets on the following Fridays:
Jan. 19 & 26// Feb 2, 9, 16,23,// March 2, (skip 2 weeks, March 9 & 16), March 23, 30,
April 6, 13, 20, 27 // May 4, 11, 18